Amy Franklin, CRNP
True to Aventa’s mission in delivering a full spectrum of care, Amy Franklin works to educate patients on all aspects of women’s care in order to promote healthy living.
Mrs. Amy Franklin was born in Thomasville, GA and spent her childhood in Tallahassee, FL where she graduated from Lincoln High School. She received a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from Troy University in 1995. While working as a Registered Nurse at University Hospital in Birmingham, AL, she met her husband Andy. Early in their marriage, she attended the University of Alabama at Birmingham where she graduated with a Master’s in nursing specializing as a Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner.
Upon moving to the Wiregrass area in 2001, Amy worked at Ft. Rucker at Lyster Army Health Clinic until joining Aventa Specialized Women’s Care (formerly Cleveland & Gilchrist) in July 2008. She is a member of the Alabama State Nurses Association, and the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health. Mrs. Franklin is certified by the National Corporation of the Obstetrics, Gynecological, and Neonatal Nursing Specialties.
Amy and Andy have two daughters, Morgan and Sarah Kate. Amy serves as an Upward Cheerleading coach and mission friend leader for school aged children. In her free time, she enjoys baking with her kids and spending time at the lake with her family and friends.
More About Amy:
- 2008, Joined Aventa Specialized Women’s Care (formerly Cleveland & Gilchrist).
- Certified, National Corporation of the Obstetrics, Gynecological and Neonatal Nursing Specialties
- Master’s in Nursing, University of Alabama Birmingham
- Bachelor’s in Nursing, Troy University
- Member, Alabama State Nurses Association
- Member, National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health
- Member, Calvary Baptist Church