Allison Marker, M.D.
Dr. Allison Crouch Marker’s personal philosophy of care is simple: to provide her patients with the same level of care she would expect for any woman in her family. This level of care is delivered only through respect, dignity, and—above all—trust.
Dr. Marker is a Wiregrass native, originally from Marianna, Florida. Being from a small town, she understands the importance of relationships, and the integral role that plays in delivering personalized care. Even more, as a female Ob/Gyn, she chose to work at Aventa because of her trust in her fellow physicians to deliver the level of care she would want for herself.
Dr. Marker attended the University of Alabama at Birmingham via the Early Medical School Acceptance Program where she graduated Summa cum laude with a B.S. in Biology. After graduation, she entered the UAB School of Medicine in 2004. She married one of her classmates, Bradley Marker, two weeks before graduation. After graduation, they moved to Dallas, Texas to complete their training. Dr. Marker completed her residency training at Parkland Hospital affiliated with the University of Texas Southwestern. During her training, Parkland was the largest public hospital labor and delivery unit in the United States and one of every 250 babies born in the United States was born at Parkland.
In the year following residency completion, Dr. Marker completed a fellowship in laparoscopy and pelvic reconstructive surgery. She performed more than 500 surgeries during this year.
Currently, Dr. Marker is the Chairman of the Department of Women’s and Children’s Services at Flowers Hospital. She also serves on the Executive Committee and the Flowers Hospital Junior Board. She and Dr. Bradley Marker (a general surgeon with Wiregrass Surgical) have two sons, Greyson and Thatcher, and feel blessed to have returned home to the Wiregrass area to raise them.
More about Dr. Marker:
- Has performed over 1000 surgeries, including:
- Laparoscopic supracervical procedures
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomies
- Procedures for the correction of stress urinary incontinence
- Advanced procedures for the treatment of pelvic organ prolapse.
- 2008, Joined Aventa Specialized Women’s Care (formerly Cleveland & Gilchrist).
- Only fellowship trained OB/GYN in Dothan.
- Fellowship, Presbyterian Hospital – Dallas, TX
- Residency, Parkland Hospital (University of Texas Southwestern)
- M.D., University of Alabama School of Medicine
- B.S. Biology, University of Alabama, Early Medical School Admission Program
- Dr. Marker has hospital privileges at Flower’s Hospital.