Robert S. Cleveland, M.D.
Dr. Robert “Bob” Cleveland is a second-generation Dothan physician and—being from the South—is all too familiar with the values of southern hospitality. He dedicates himself to providing not only high quality care to each and every patient, but also access to the latest advancements and cutting edge technologies in healthcare, delivered with the utmost compassion and respect.
Dr. Cleveland was raised in Dothan after his father joined Dr. Flowers’ group in 1963. After graduating from Dothan High School, he went on to receive his BS from the University of Alabama before pursuing a career in medicine.
After graduating from University of Alabama Medical School and completing his OB/GYN residency training at the University of Mississippi, Dr. Cleveland started his practice in 1992 and has since delivered more than 2500 babies.
He takes special interest in minimally invasive gynecological procedures that provide his patients with options to correct problems and minimize recovery time. He has become exceptionally skilled in procedures that address pelvic support problems.
Outside of the office, Dr. Cleveland enjoys travel and outdoor activities with his wife Kathy and their three children: Robert, Sarah Elizabeth and Carson.
More about Dr. Cleveland:
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG)
- 2006, Founded Aventa Specialized Women’s Care (formerly Cleveland & Gilchrist)
- 1994, Board-Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Advisor, Humana Military Peer Review Committee
- Advisor, Quality Review Committee for Gulf States Region
- M.D., University of Alabama Medical School
- Internship in General Surgery, Carraway Methodist Medical Center in Birmingham, AL
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Mississippi in Jackson, MS
- Dr. Cleveland has hospital privileges at Flowers Hospital.
- One of the top-rated physicians in the Wiregrass Region
- Member, First United Methodist Church