Allison Marker, M.D.
Dr. Allison Crouch Marker’s personal philosophy of care is simple: to provide her patients with the same level of care she would expect for any woman in her family. This level of care is delivered only through respect, dignity and—above all—trust.
Dr. Marker is a Wiregrass native, originally hailing from Marianna, Florida. Being from a small town, she understands the importance of trust and its integral role in delivering personalized care. Even more, as a female OB/GYN, she chose to work at Aventa because of her trust in her fellow physicians to deliver the level of care she would want for herself.
Dr. Marker attended the University of Alabama via the Early Medical School Admission Program where she graduated with a B.S. in Biology.
After graduation, Dr. Marker entered the UAB School of Medicine to later receive her Doctor of Medicine in 2004. Four years later, she completed her residency training at the largest public hospital labor and delivery units in the United States, Parkland Hospital, affiliated with the University of Texas Southwestern. During her training, one of every 250 babies born in the United States was born at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas.
During the course of her fellowship at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, Dr. Marker performed more than 500 procedures in Laparoscopy and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery.
In September of 2008, Dr. Marker and her husband, Bradley (also a physician) were blessed with two sons Greyson Samuel and Thatcher. Dr. Marker is delighted to have returned home to the Wiregrass Area.
More about Dr. Marker:
- Has performed over 1000 surgeries, including:
- Laparoscopic supracervical procedures
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomies
- Procedures for the correction of stress urinary incontinence
- Advanced procedures for the treatment of pelvic organ prolapse.
- 2008, Joined Aventa Specialized Women’s Care (formerly Cleveland & Gilchrist).
- Only fellowship trained OB/GYN in Dothan.
- Fellowship, Presbyterian Hospital – Dallas, TX
- Residency, Parkland Hospital (University of Texas Southwestern)
- M.D., University of Alabama School of Medicine
- B.S. Biology, University of Alabama, Early Medical School Admission Program
- Dr. Marker has hospital privileges at Flower’s Hospital.